Fastest Full-fibre broadband
The Enterprise Zone at Blackpool Airport secured the UK gateway for the North Atlantic Loop, an international communications network fibre optic cable connecting Blackpool directly with New York. The benefit to the Fylde area is increased access to high-capacity, ultra-low latency with some of the world’s fastest, most resilient internet speeds of up to 1 gigabit connection.
What is Gigabit capable broadband?
- Gigabit broadband is an internet connection that offers speeds of 1 gigabit per second (1Gb) or more.
- 1 gigabit = 1,000 megabits so it’s a huge leap in connection speeds – to put that into context, a 1Gb service would allow you to download a HD film in seconds…
- Full fibre services are capable of being symmetrical, meaning the download and upload speeds are the same.
Fibre Blackpool mean across the Fylde region:
- Fast, reliable performance – no more buffering or waiting.
- Hyperfast speeds to power your bandwidth hungry applications.
- A range of competitively priced services
- A range of premium services will also be available where a dedicated line is required.
How do local businesses benefit from the investment?
Gigabit vouchers, which are a one-off contribution to SMEs, can be used by small businesses and the local communities surrounding them to contribute to the installation cost of a gigabit-capable connection.
- Businesses can claim up to £2,500 against the cost of connection either individually or as part of a group project.
Businesses can access the voucher scheme by registering their interest with one of the suppliers involved in the FIBRE BLACKPOOL scheme. The scheme is supplier-led which means suppliers will be requesting the voucher on behalf of their customers.