Lancashire’s Local Skills Improvement Plan is part of the government’s Skills Accelerator, which aims to reshape the technical skills system to better support the needs of the local labour market and the wider economy.
Local Skills Improvement Plans are now being rolled out across the UK and Fylde Council are in support and searching for local businesses who wish to have their say.
In Lancashire, the Local Skills Improvement Plan is being led by North and Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce and East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce.
The first report was carried out in 2021 and can be read here
We are aiming to engage with 10,000 Lancashire employers, giving businesses a chance to set out the key changes needed to make technical skills training more responsive to employers’ skills need.
The forthcoming focus groups are as follows:
- Transport & Distribution – 9th Feb – West Lancs College – 9.30am for a 10am start
- Construction – 9th Feb – Preston College – 1.30 pm for a 2pm start
- Small to medium manufacturers – 14th Feb – Burnley College – 9.30am for a 10am start
- Health & Social Care skills – 21st Feb – Cardinal Newman College – 2pm for a 2.30pm start
- Large manufacturers 21st Feb – AMRC – 9.30am for a 10am start
- Services – 28th Feb – North Lancs Training Group, Accrington – 1.30pm for a 2pm start
The link to the above events page is here
The link to the Skills and Training Needs business survey is here
We are also going to be holding the following round table events in March:
Low carbon and sustainability
Digitalisation and digital transformation
If you would like to be involved in any of the round tables please get in touch below:
Contact Engagement Officers – LSIP – 01772 653000[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]